Friday 15 June 2012

Brighton Fringe Postcards Experiments

Brighton Fringe Postcards Experiments
Step one I rotated the canvas 90% and dragged a photo in which I free transformed it and made fill the A4 screen. This was only if you wanted a photo and colour in the post card
This sort of Photoshop technique is simple. First I duplicated the layer and on the Background, step 3 I made got the bucket tool and put the colour to purple and changed layer 1, after doing so I dragged it over the top of the photo.
The I wanted to use typography so I got the writing tool enlarged the size and changed the colour back to white from purple and went to bold italic on the typography style. Then step 5 when I was pleased with the size of the letters I went to layer, merge down and then on the rubber tool I changed to magic rubber tool and deleted the insides of the letters so it showed the Brighton dome in the background.
After that, I was finished though on some of the others as you can see I put shapes in that mirrored the shapes of the letters below and did step five over again. Here are my experiments in the way of Pam and Jenny.





As I started to get tired with the simple, dull post cards, I moved onto developing the layers of my Photoshop and the colours as well adding ink splashes and making it more of a creative piece of art and detailed design for a postcard.

After doing so we found out the theme of the brighton festival which is where these designs are for though I only started putting the logo on towards the end, and made a range of different post card varities all ranging in the colours they showed and their size of the Brighton dome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment